View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 11:02 PM

Default PokerRoom Weak/Tight (or just scared!!)

I've been having a terrible time at PokerRoom. Trying to clear a sign up bonus, games seem awfully tight, less than half the hands played at 2/4 qualify for the rake requirement. It's a little better at 3/6, but still seems pretty tight. Anyway, I'm down some, trying to keep my somewhat marginal game up. I tend to be tight/passive (weak/tight?). I am working on increasing my aggression, but at PokerRoom, I sure seem to be 2nd best a lot, then the games are so tight, that it is very hard to get back to the black side of the ledger.

Anyway, tonight, I seemed to be getting some cards and did OK. Now, my question is: Are these hands typical of a fish?

Hero is sb with Q,J offsuit
Reads: MP2 23/9; BB 18/7
PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: is with , .
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Hand #2

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)
Hero: BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP1: 23/9 UTG2: ? New to table, only 3 hands to this point, none VP$IP

Preflop: is with , .
<font color="#666666">UTG1 folds</font>, UTG2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333"> UTG2 bets</font>, MP1 raises, Button folds, Hero folds.

What if: Hand 2, it were only 1 bet to me on the flop?

Thanks for any help here. (I'd sure appreciate it if you could 'splain your reasoning, as well.)