View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: World Series Game 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. My main concern is that pinnacle is offering the best line on the White Sox - which USUALLY means that they are not that good a bet.

Well, Pinny deducts so little juice in baseball that its not that big a deal. Other sports, I agree 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - except for the fact that the Astros had the WORST price at Pinnacle. Now that would be unusual if the White Sox were the right side of the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

what books are you comparing this line against? i didn't do much looking around, but pinnys small hold would make it hard for them to have both the worst and best to offer (simultaneously of course)

The nature of baseball and the betting publics refusal to realize that its not a emotinal team sport (hoops/foots/hockey) makes it virtually impossible for houston to be the right side in this spot. the books will always shaed towards the favorite before they even release the line, then its going to be bet up regardless of what they post (within reason).

all this, you know of course. i just like typing!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard to have the best and the worst line. The best is for the CWS, and the worst is for the Astros. I only looked at 4 books, though (Pinnacle, WSEX, Bowman's, Sports Interaction) - but the Pinnacle line was far off the others. They had it at +172/-180 while the others were in the +155-160/-170 -175 range.