Thread: Nervous!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Nervous!

I think the way you presented the hand shows you still have a way to go in your thinking. Why did I say that? No pot size, no indication of the number of opponents, no preflop action, no opponent reads. I may play this situtation very differently depending on the situation. If the button has raised my blind every round tonight that was folded to him and then bet every flop, I am check raising here if the pot is heads up with him (and I would have called the raise preflop hoping to hit anything). If it is multiway for a limp, I am check folding to any bet. If it is 3 way with the button and small blind, I might bet if checked to. Keep reading and studying.

And there is no excuse for an inexperienced player that owns SSH to not play preflop by wrote exactly as the chart lays out. If you are inexperienced enough that you still feel nervous, at least this way you don't even have to think preflop, just read. As you begin to understand preflop hand values, maybe you won't need the charts anymore, but they are certainly excellent guidelines and much better than any system which has you playing K8s from EP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].