View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 11:48 AM

Default How do you beat a calling station heads up?

I'm currently playing heads up on a Stars $5 SNG. My opponent has a huge chip lead, but he's one of the worst players I have ever seen. He's been unbelievably lucky this tournament. He plays practically any two preflop, no matter how much it costs. He'll call down with absolutely any piece of the board. When it was three-handed, he and the other player were such terrible calling stations that I had absolutely no fold equity - I couldn't steal any blinds because they would just call any raise.

He knocked out the third player and we got heads up, with him having around a 2.5-1 chip advantage. But I have no idea how to beat somebody who doesn't ever fold. I can't steal from him and I can't bluff him out of pots. I feel like I'm completely forced to just sit around and wait for good hands - which, as everyone knows, is impossible to do when you're heads up. Add in to the fact that I keep getting hands like 73o and 42s and I just cannot figure out any way to beat him without getting insanely lucky.

Any help? I've never played a calling station heads up before...

PS - I lost, after crawling back from 900 chips, when I flopped second pair and a flush draw, got called, turned two pair, got called, and got rivered by an A, giving him a higher two pair (top and bottom).