View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 08:28 PM

Default what a week so far

it usually doesnt go this well. dollar slidin, treasuries hot (back to them in a bit), naz tankin, and reits hot. hey i love the usa but i dont think bein a loyal american has much to do with plunkin your hard earned investment $ down. im bettin that there has been a big psych change with investors. with all the negative stuff you read about ceos these days i think were goin to see investors payin up for of all things dividends. investors feel like theyve been takin for a ride on the "increase shareholder value" fantasy tour. theyd rather get the money back in dividends and go thru the double tax rip off the govt pulls than see corporate ceos waste company profits earned. govt rip off you say? to prove its a totally whim as to what govt does look at reits. the profits from reits are only taxed once when divis are received by shareholders. govt chooses to do what it wants to whom it wants. system has worked well but a lot of problems are showin up now. i think if govt would stop the double taxin of dividends you wouldnt have seen a lot of the corruption in corporate board rooms thats comin out now. investors would focus on what they should focus on as part owners of corps i.e. gettin their fair share of the profits. this would take the focus off of avoiding taxes. investors could still be scammed but not as easily i think. sure its great to invest in real growth but at some point investors want their fair share of the profits. all investment models i believe are based on the investor getting profits returned to them. msft is sittin on $38 bill in cash and his Billness is investin in toys, media companies to name a few. how much does his Billness know about them anyway?

treasuries were down today but theyve had a great run. i think it was profit takin so well see if im right. i think the economy is softer than what most thought and the bond market yield curve was pushed up on the low and middle end anticipatin a fed rate hike. a fed rate hike isnt happening anytime soon. noticed options volatility readings are gettin bullish so maybe a rally soon in the stock market. i dont see the nasdaq doin well though. noticed some big tech names broke down badly today. emc at $6.40 sunw at $5.70 wow! i think theyre goin lower too. intc is below $20 again and one of the few standin firm is msft. wouldnt ya figure its the one i trashed but thats ok i may not be understandin msft but i seem to be understandin a lot of other ones.