View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Introduction & a few questions

Yes when I wrote my post, I said "I" like to. I have never played anything lower than .5/1, so referring to levels .5/1 and above yes.

It's amazing to me that you could learn all you could from 1000 hands or so. If someone has played say more than 50k hands even in their poker career then they probably know that 10k-15k hands stat wise mean very little referring to BB/100 rate. Or at least should know. How anyone is confident they can beat a game for 7 BB/100 muchless with little to no poker experience at the 0.05/0.10 is beyond me.

If someone wants to start their poker career with no money or very little money to start (say $10), then yes, only really need maybe 150 BBs to move up through levels up to .5/1. At .5/1, that's where more "real" poker starts and you need a bigger roll. Experience is good at any level, I over stayed my visit at .5/1, but that allowed me to learn and not have to think about money issues. Then when I went through 1/2 and 2/4 it was a quick trip to 3/6 where I stayed for awhile.

It all also depends on if you care to reload ever or if you just play for fun or what your reason for playing is.