View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 12:45 PM

Default too aggressive on the turn?

local 10/20 game...lot of swimmers. My table image is very tight, I've shown two hands down in the two hours I've been at the table: pocket kings and Ace-King for TPTK, both holding up. Onto the hand.

I'm in the SB with Ah Qh. Two early limpers, MP raises, three cold callers to me. I just call. BB calls as do the two early limpers. 8 to the flop for 16 sb.

Flop is 8-6-5, rainbow (no hearts). Checked around. (??)

Turn comes Qc, putting two clubs on the board. I check w/the intention of c-r a late position bettor, hoping to clear the field. Checked by the two EP, checked by the pre-flop raiser, and LMP bets. Two calls and I check-raise. Instant fold by the four players in between me and the turn bettor. Turn bettor grumbles and shows A-Q and mucks. The two other players call. 3 to the river for 15 bb.

River is a non club 9, making the final board (8-6-5) Q 9.
I check with the intention of calling a single bet. Checked around and MHIG.

After the hand I got chastised for being two aggressive with the turn checkraise, but I felt with no action on the flop, and no real aggression on the turn (I put bettor on QJ), that my hand was good. Anyone think I overplayed TPTK on the turn? Thanks.