View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: 1 steal hand 1 BB hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 89s in the BB, 3 other players and the flop comes 8QQ. Are you betting out? What's your play? (I bet the flop, 2 callers. Wasn't sure/stumbled on the turn (a 4) and bet and was raised and paused for a while before folding, which i think was a terrible play)

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're brand new to the table, since you don't have any reads, I don't mind giving it up. Too often, you have the worst of it. But pay attention to the player who did this. If he's bluff-raising that spot, then he's probably bluffing in many other spots and you should begin to see the patterns.

[ QUOTE ]
Another hand button open raises and I 3bet AQo in the SB. Flop comes K high w/ all spades. Your move? (I bet out, he raised, i folded I dont like that line)

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you didn't have a spade. Again, I don't mind bet-folding. And again, you've got to pay attention to these guys because if they're raising without the hand, they're often raising far too often and you'll see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand is tough because there are so many overs that can come to our 8. I really dont know what to do. The second hand I dont know about bet/folding since the board is scary and I feel like any 2 is going to raise me here and try to take advantage of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't imagine that players are tough enough to peel the flop and raise the turn with nothing on a paired board. And as I said, if it happens, he's probably playing fancy with far too many hands. He may also have a better 8 and you're still screwed.

The second hand is a little ego buster. Yeah, he may have any two and is taking advantage of you. So what? Even if he has a lone crap of flush, he's still going to *AUTOMATICALLY* beat you 35% of the time. The times that he doesn't, he could very well have a king and you're drawing to two outs (because you're not happy to see your ace of flush fall). It's just an ugly spot and you're better off just letting it go.