Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Hand...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was originally all for this thinking that many Ax hands will think they have you beat. On top of that, many Ax hands might open from the SB. I want to 3-bet so badly, but I could see myself losing to JJ and AA if villain caps and I'm surely not folding.

This seemed so straight forward, but now I think I feel as confused as OP as what should be the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot more combos of Ax hands than JJ or AA.

I 3-bet the monkey. Call a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does hand reading support Ax?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand reading really doesn't support much right now. You provided no reads, and it's very possible that a player could play AK etc. this way trying to extract the maximum from a hand like K5 (which would often confusedly call the river), etc. His handrange is wide enough here that you're ahead 66% at the least, I'd be guessing.

I also fold this preflop.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I don't think a pair of aces will check this turn that often. And I don't think a pair of aces (other than AK,AJ) will checkraise the river. And that's assuming those hands check the turn.

It's just a strange hand that if I thought through all the way I could justify just calling the river cr. Maybe not.

Krishan