View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Do bad starting hands do well short term or am I on tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
In O8B, there are a lot of hands, and i mean a lot, that are playable PF that people say arent.

[/ QUOTE ]

TxRedMan - Who is (are) “people”?

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, your play on the flop is what determines how many hands you can play PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’d say there are also some other factors involved - mainly how your opponents play on each betting round.

[ QUOTE ]
If you play the flop and turn exceptionally well, your implied odds are great, which compensates for playing hands like KQ24 or JJ57,crap like that....

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish you’d specify suitedness. K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] seems playable to me, not “crap” at all.
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] seems marginal to me - playable on the button in a loose/passive game.
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] seems a poor hand to me, but in a game where seven or eight players regularly saw the flop and then regularly chased all the way to the river, regardless of how well their hands fit the flop, would become playable for me.

I have all the 57JJ hands rated as poor bets, regardless of suitedness, but I like 57JJd better than 24QKn.

[ QUOTE ]
Ted Forrest once spent an entire month playing every single hand dealt to him PF in O8B, and made a profit doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he didn’t necessarily make a profit on every single poor starting hand dealt to him. I imagine he probably fared better with the better starting hands than with the poorer starting hands.

And since he probably didn’t need to play as many starting hands as he was playing, he probably was not playing optimally.

[ QUOTE ]
The point is, if you can play the flop like an expert, you can play a lot of [censored] hands in this game....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think experts play their opponents.

Just my opinion.

Buzz