View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Tourney hand, cash game hypothetical

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is very wrong. Fastplaying is the new slowplaying. A flop overbet looks like you're gonna get action, so as a shortstack why not get it in there? I push Q9/99 here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was exaggerating slightly, but do you seriously push boats in position with such a short stack? Maybe I understand headsup if you know your opponent will probably call anyway. But multiway? With a short stack? If you aren't looking for as much action as possible here in a tourney, I think you may be missing out on some chips.

It's happened to me a few times lately where I pushed weaker hands than a boat against an opponent who I thought would call, only to have them fold. In position, with this short of a stack, just call. You'll be easily able to get it in on the turn and river, with bets small enough that an opponent with any piece of the board won't be able to fold.

I love fastplaying sets and flopped straights, but generally NOT fullhouses, especially against a board with VERY legitimate flush and straight draws. Fullhouses will almost exclusively be outdrawn by hands that wouldn't have folded anyway (like JsTs, or AQ).