View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: On the Topic of M vs Effective M and relevance to SNGs...

[ QUOTE ]
question 1: is this really reasonable or should we adjust this for sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not reasonable at all. DH's equations and strategy lines have very few applications to party sngs because he doesn't account for how few chips are on the table and how fast the blinds rise (as you noted).

[ QUOTE ]
question 2: should we factor in the % of hands played on current level and then factor in future level blinds in the sngs since we know they change every 10 hands, not every so many minutes? would this maybe give us a more accurate formula for how long we can last and therefore how soon we should become how desperate and start pushing any 2, or any top 50% when first in pot, etc? cause if you are on hand 10 of a level, your M is going to drop by a significant amount the next hand and then more 10 hands later, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh..provided that it doesn't create a drastic drop in folding equity and all things being equal (who you're stealing from, chip position, etc) I'd rather steal on level x+1, as the blinds stolen will worth a much greater % of your stack.

I really dont like the HOH series for party sngs.

Btw, wb.

Edit to focus: There's obviously an adjustment to be made for your 2nd question, I"m just not sure I'd want to quantify it.