View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Angle Shooting / My biggest source of tilt

I used to play primarily sngs but lately I've been playing more and more 200 6 max games for a change of pace. The thing that bugs me more than anything else is how many people buyin for the minimum buyin of 20bbs. Then they proceed to get blinded down to 15 bbs and all of a sudden I kick in a raise for 5 bbs and they push all in trying to get into a race. I'm forced to call pretty much even tho half the time I'm raising with next to nothing. I really feel like the minimum buyin should be closer to 50 bbs. I guess I just want to see if I'm alone on this or if other people agree this is practically cheating as you know if these people had 50 bbs you would be able to own them all day but when they force you to gamble with them you have no edge at all.

Also what are the best ways to counter this strategy? I'm used to tournaments where its correct a lot of times to call shortstacks with practically any two cuz of the odds and the fact that you knock a player out. But in these cash games i really think I'm losing more to these players than to anybody else at the table. Say I raise it from the co or btn with A9o or some other less than ideal hand to 10 and shortstack hero boy pushes for 30 from the sb. Do i call the extra 20 or fold? does it change if im sitting on 10js and my cards are more likely live?