View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: HELP!! My Stats; What should I do to get better??

I would check out the stats information in the microlimits guidlines which is on the top of the microlimit board. It gives general guidlines of what good numbers are and why.

I think, in general you are too tight and too passive and weak. You should be playing more hands, should be raising more preflop (to increase this mainly consists of raising after weak limpers, lowering your raising standards as your position improves, and stealing blinds). You don't defend your blinds nearly enough.

As you move up you can't just sit back and wait for people to pay you off big time when you hit big hands, you have start playing more aggressively, pushing your edges, and force others to make mistakes. Heres a link to a good recent post from the small stakes forum that focuses on preflop play, I think it would be a good place to start for you. Good luck!

Linky

EDITED to say, also focus on table selection! Find tables with a lot of loose players. At these tables blind stealing defense is lowered in importance as those situations don't come up as much (you should be stealing/defending when appropriate, but it won't be as big of a leak.)