View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: My low-level SNG quiz

Posting blind.

1. fold - I respect a solid utg raiser in level 1, and AQo is dominated or a slight underdog in this situation. We also have terrible position, and we have to consider looseness of BB, as calling gives him good odds to play a lot of hands.

2. call - I might fold at a super aggro table, but at 10/20 and deeper stackes, I think I play any pair here.

3. fold - I'm not risking my whole stack, even against a wide range of hands from villain with JJ in this situation. I'm folding all but QQ-AA here.

4. call - But this depends a lot on SB. Is he willing to give up his stack on the flop or later with top pair or 2nd pair, etc. I think I play this for implied odds, but I'm not sure if it's correct in a SNG.

5. push - We have < 6 BB, and we need these blinds. Blinds will have a pretty tight range here, and pushing is clearly +EV (after hours working with Eastbay's tool it becomes more clear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

6. Fold - and wait for a better hand. Position sucks to be pushing a hand that never wants a call in this situation. I wait and try to steal in the blinds or button.

7. Push - Tons of folding equity, I push with any 2 here. Blinds each have less than half our stack, so even losing is n't disastrous.

8. Fold - With SB's decent stack still to act, I'm pretty worried since SB might open up his calling standards here if he suspects a steal. Also, BB is probably calling/pushing any 2 here, so I'd rather let SB go to war with him or let the bubble stay alive. I have the most difficulty with this problem though, and I suspect I could be way off here.

9. Fold - On of these players is getting eliminated here except for a rare split, seems like an easy fold with our crappy stack.

10. Fold - He's either playing back or has something. I think I wait and push most of the time on the next hand to steal. I'd think I need atleast AT or 77 to call this.