View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: AKo Heads Up. What is standard?

in my experience HU is very player dependant. The fact that you have zero reads makes this a tough nut to crack, and is probably why you're not getting a lot of replies.

In a sh game, if I raise in a steal position and my opponent comes out donking on this board I am usually folding and sometimes peeling the flop folding turn UI, but almost never raising unless I know something about my opponent. Remember AK is great but if you don't flop it and your opponent has a pair AK is nothing but a very weak drawing hand. It is so difficult to play well because it is often best UI, the trick is figuring out when it's best and when it isn't (i will PM you when I figure this out).

in a heads up match against an unknown I would probably call down. If through further play you suspect a draw is more likely, I would mix it up between your line and waiting for the turn to raise.

edit: mixed up HU action

addendum: there is a great pdf on the web somewhere by some dude named jason (?) about playing overcards SH, can someone link it?