View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Coming in from the Irc world

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was actually my first thought. But do we really want to do this against a LAG and posters(im guessing very loose).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like it against a LAG who raises any two, and posters who are playing any two.

Ideally, the posters check, the SB raises, you 3-bet, the posters fold and you get HU with the maniac.

But since the SB can't be counted on to do this (not to mention, the second poster should raise the first time around if he has a clue), it's probably not a viable line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this hand. You are making a false assumption. The posters will fold. They posted in a freaking 6max game. It will take dynamite to get them out of the pot.

I just called. The LAG at the table was a 30/27 type who loved to open-raise, but didn't have a death-wish or anything. I limped expecting a limped pot most times. I planned just to call if the LAG raised because it would indicate a reasonable holding on his part. Also, a three-bet would fold the posters just about never.

I also have more leverage and a smaller pot if I do connect with the flop and want to pop the flop or turn to drive out the posters. If I bloat the pot by three betting, they will be correct to call two-bets cold on the flop with all sorts of skanky holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you guessing about your equity here, or have you ran some numbers. (fwiw, you have a pretty decent equity edge)

peace

john nickle