View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Should I move to Stars?

[ QUOTE ]
Mixed $20 and $30 SnG's, played 16

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, now play about 200 more and if your stats are still good, they'll actually be worth something. You must understand that 16 SNGs is an extremely small sample size. I'd say it is much more likely that you had a small, well-timed upswing when you started playing these than you are having a downswing now. You have to understand there are people on here who play 16 SNGs in a couple of hours. There are people on here who make a living through SNGs that have had a negative ROI over 16 SNGs (and more than that). 16 is just way too small of a sample size to matter.

This in mind, here are some things you might want to look out for at the $11 level that could be at least partially responsible for your losses.
1)Being too aggressive early when pots aren't significant.
2)Being too loose early, ie playing marginal hands from out of position in the 1st 3 levels of blinds.
3)Not being aggressive enough when there are between 6 and 4 people.

I can't really tell from the examples you gave what your problems are because they were very vague. That's why I asked that you post some hands. AK losing to A6 is bad when there is one card to come on a board that reads AJ84. It's bad when there are 2 cards to come on a board that reads AK3. However, if you got all your chips in pre-flop and blinds are 15-30, we just found a leak.

At pokerroom, at the 5s and 11s, you can almost fold your way to the bubble. I 3-table the 5s (which are even more reckless than the 11s) and have no trouble making the money. I imagine you put a lot of thought into each play at the 22s and 33s. At the 11s, just play ABC poker and you really should be fine.