View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Slow Down, You Move Too Fast . . .

A limper or two, a raise from an unknown, and I call from the big blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop comes with a King. Checked around to the pre-flop raiser. He bets, I check raise. Everyone else clears out and he 3 bets. I decide to call and call down.

Turn is a blank. He bets and I call. But he doesn't quite bet. He reached for his chips, he broke his stack, but he doesn't quite get them in before my chips are in.

He asks me if I bet. I say I checked, I was calling your bet. He says, slow down, I'm a no-limit player, I'm not used to guys playing this fast. He laughs, we all laugh, and he puts his bet in.

The river is another blank and I check-call again, this time being respectful.

So a few hands later the guy gets involved with another opponent. Same thing happens on the turn: his opponents checks, he starts to bet, and the other guy's chips beat his into the pot. He looks at me and says, "Wow, it wasn't just you."

Turns out he lost both hands and went to the no-limit game. As he racks up (which didn't take long), someone asks him where he's going.

He says, "No Limit. Got to make the morning last."