Thread: Flush draw
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Flush draw

PreFlop
I'd probably fold this as your implied odds aren't all that great since there is only one limper so far (in the button with several limpers I'd be more confident a flush would be paid off). The blinds aren't all that big and I'm fine with waiting for a better hand or for other stacks to go to war over few dead chips. The good news is that you have position and the small blind left a few extra dead chips in this now 3-way pot.

Flop
Two checks to you (from a limper and a min-raiser) and you're sitting with the nut flush draw. I'd definitely bet half the pot here. You may win it outright (yay!), you may get played back at (and you can easily bail or call if it's a small bet and you have the odds for your draw), or you may get called (hitting your draw on the turn or very possibly getting a free card on the turn).

Turn
Well, I'd love to know what the two players in front of me do. Betting the flop at least gives you some idea of where you stand but I'd have no idea what my plan is on the turn when checking the flop. If no one bets the turn in front of you, then you definitely want to bet -- again half or maybe even 3/4 the pot. If there is a big bet in front of you I'd fold. If there is a small(ish) to medium bet I'd likely call as I'm getting (or close to) pot odds for my flush and at least *some* of the time my opponent will simply be stabbing at the pot or have a weaker A and check the river.

Yugoslav