View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Why Current Online Win Rates Won\'t Persist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if I undertsand your logic, you're basically saying you only want to play against people in your own wealth bracket, and you don't think poor people should be allowed to play with rich people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't understand where you got this from. It's not even remotely like anything the OP has written. Are you just making things up or did I miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I think the point of this thread is something along the lines of a concern that when people in poor countries start playing online poker more, good players will be happy to play at lower limits because the profit at those levels will be high compared to what other jobs pay. And, that this will make it harder for the current players to make money, since there will be a worse player to fish ratio...

Then, the poster I replied to said:

[ QUOTE ]
I think it will be exported quickly, unless poker sites segregate the players. I'm hopeful, if the government ever legalizes and regulates the sites, that they require it to be US vs US only.. it even makes sense when one considers that it would limit capital drain from the usa.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, sorry for assuming too much in my post. Let me rephrase my question. The poster would like to limit play to US vs US players. One reason stated is to limit "capital drain from the usa." ... presumably capital moving from the usa to people in poor countries. So, the poster doesn't want to play online poker with people from foreign countries. I wanted to clarify if this was for pragmatic (profit) reasons, or if he thought the "capital" drain, or something, was a morally bad thing.

Also, limiting play to US vs US only would also exclude European countries, for example, which hasn't been the topic of this thread. So, is that something that this poster doesn't like too? (the non-american players currently in the internet pool).

Hope my question is clearer now...