View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Default PP 15/30 KK hand

What do you think of my turn play here? Obviously the pot is of a decent size, and there are a number of ways my opponent could improve. However, the 9s paired the top card on board, and I felt like if I bet the turn and was raised again I couldn't let it go. I also felt like my opponent would bet pretty much any hand on the turn here, obviously if he has a 9, but if he has some other pair he'll likely bet thinking he is ahead. Also I thought a draw would be too tempted to bet the obvious scarecard for me.

So my thinking was, if I'm ahead by check/calling the same number of bets is going in on the turn as by me betting.

The river felt like I missed some value, but considering the way I played the turn how could I lead?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Kc (two pair, kings and nines).
CO has 7h Qd (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>