View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Houston Rockets are going to the finals, you can put money on it.

[ QUOTE ]
A pretty silly thread here if you ask me. Two Houston homers trying to talk biased smack about their team...
...Houston Rockets. The team did start to mesh last year, but they still have holes. Juwan Howard/Stromile Swift isn't sn entirely impressive PF tandem. SG is also an issue with David Wesely/Derek Anderson sharing time. Sura is a workhorse, and proved his worth down the stretch last season. Maybe the 3rd best team behind the Spurs/Mavs, but maybe the 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your informed opinion about the Rockets. You obviously have a firm grasp on things.

1-Bob Sura isn't the starting PG Alston is.

2- The team didn't magically "mesh" last year. They acquired much better personell than they had before and went 36-16 from January on. To that team that won at a 69% clip they added 2 players Derek Anderson, Rafer Alston, who are good enough to start ahead of last year's players. And a third Stomile Swift who is splitting time and will be starting by season's end. They improved every position besides T-Mac and Yao Ming.

3-"Juwan Howard/Stromile Swift isn't sn entirely impressive PF tandem" It sure as hell is more impressive than Juwan Howard/Ryan Bowen. I'd say they improved significantly.

No way I would bet Houston to win the West at 10-1. Spurs are too good and there are other tough teams to beat. But like the one guy said, the people real off on this thread are the ones arguing against logic and Vegas. And as I said above, since this is a gambling website and hopefully we like to gamble and have expendable cash around. Someone please take me up on the rediculous predictions for the Rockets.