View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour allows questionable entry option

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, you guys are all correct. And the Sunday finals are just a qualifier for the final table.

I'll write out a check for $4k to go directly to the TV table. I'd like seat 3 please.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, according to you, isn't every tournament a qualifier until we get to the FT, and then the real tournament begins? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic (but being as intelligent as you are, you knew that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

If the final table is THE tournament so to speak, then why are there multi-day events? Answer: Because it takes greater skill to survive multiple sessions rather than just plopping your butt down for a SNG.

The final table requires skill in short-handed play, which I agree with you is more dificult for most players than full table play with many tables left.

Look, I understand what you are all saying from both a prize fund and strategic entry perspectives.

Fine, let the guys who suck so bad enter directly into the Sunday finals. I don't think it is right, but I won't argue it any longer.

However, if I'm at the Sunday finals at the November event I will ask out loud for the direct buy-in players to identify themselves. I doubt they will, but I would like to know if they have the guts to raise their hand.

(Remember, I'm a schmuck).