View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Default The Best Hand I Ever Played: good book saw yesterday

The Best Hand I Ever Played : 52 Winning Poker Lessons from the World's Greatest Players (Paperback)
by Steve Rosenbloom

I read through some of this book yesterday and liked it pretty well.
Many of the hands are already fairly famous (Gus Hansen's T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] all in call, for instance), and not the best demonstrations of poker, but I still thought it was a great book.

The book has 52 hands by famous poker players (no Hellmuth, unfortunately) and why they liked it the best. Each passage begins with some explanation of the person and their role in poker, then moves onto the hand, then moves onto the author explaining about the hand and giving little play factoids and describing the play in context.

I found it entertaining and insightful and the author clearly has a good understanding of how to play poker.

If you want help applying poker theory to real life situations, this book could help and there are probably a few tidbits for those looking to find out every possible poker trick about which something has been written.