View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: party chat problems

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they have forbidden words like com!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think that's probably the reason for the disappearing text.

They can't stop the "spam . c o m" spammers, (who have come up with the brilliant idea of leaving spaces to confuse Party's teams of technical experts), but if you're giving the warning to someone that "the communists are coming", as you do, then Party's state of the art software spots the "com" and disallows the text.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh that's hilarious. I love the new spammers that just say something like....logon to cheatatpoker.c om with no space!!! Party seems unable to stop that. DOH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that in Party all the time... but I keep getting surprised at one easy to stop those spammers in chat box. Since I assume the spammers would paste something in a table chat, then move on & open other table chat and paste, this goes on and on and on.

Why not Party simply notice a pattern of <handle name> pasting text into more than 10 tables within 1 minute & Party blocking spammer's chat ability for a hour or such with a pop-up warning, too? SOMETHING along those lines would be feasible (and I am not a programmer...)...?

* CalvinTy