View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: AQ 5/10 6max hand

[ QUOTE ]
No read on UTG.

UTG raises to 35, folded to you in the bb with AQ

You call.

Flop is QT2, two . You check, he bets 70, and you call.

Turn is the 4o. Pot is 213. You lead for 125. He calls.

Pot is about 470 now. River 9o which is kind of scary bc it could have made the straight.

What's your play.

If you check, how much can you call?

Oh effective stacks 1k

Edited by Prevaricator (09/25/05 08:57 PM) [/qoute]

[ QUOTE ]
OKAY so here's what REALLY happened.

I was the villain in this hand, and the "hero" was INcinerate, pretty decent skilled TAG player. He doesn't have a read on me.

I had A9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and bet 340 on the river trying to sell a K high straight. He thought for 15 secs and then called at the end, and I felt like I had made a mistake. I have chatted with some people about this and they have suggested I raise the turn on a bluff, or just give up on the river, but I thought I could make him fold a Q (which is what I read him for). Too bad. Maybe 340 wasn't enough to bet, but some of you guys are saying call potsized river bets. I dont know what's with that, I don't think its good vs unknown (although I would rarely bet the pot on the river vs an opponent like this, although he does not know that). On the other hand, VanVeen, who's play I respect, says check fold, hmm. It's hard to say. Thanks for all of your comments. I do think INcinerate played the hand well though, and I arguably misplayed the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So HE had the AQo, right? I think you're contadicting yourself here, but I'm not sure. How is it that him calling $340 on the river is playing it well but us suggesting that you can call up to a pot-sized bet is not playing it well? I am so confused...