View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: It\'s heads up... I raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since villains hand ranges is somewhat large, his hand could easily hold either a K or a 2, possibly even a larger pair than you...why not just call the turn and call the river (bet if checked to)? this prevents you from folding the best hand but a bet is still going in on all the streets...

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the turn bet was for value as well as for protection. I didn't want villain to see a cheap river and hit his potential 6 outer.

[ QUOTE ]

also, is it possible that he would take a shot at a bluff on the turn and possibly give up on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

My read was that Villain would never bluff. He was not strong enough nor knowledable enough to bluff; sort of a first level thinker, at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This two statements can't coexist. Either you are worried he would hit his 6 outer (meaning he had two overcards and is bluffing) or he will never bluff, it can't be both. IMO, with that aggression factor, he has to be capable of a bluff. Say he only has six outs, the pot isn't very big. I'd rather call the turn and see if I could get him for another bet on the river. Raising can get him to fold a hand with 6 outs, do you want that?