View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s book \"versus\" WLLH

Lee,

I think that it's a mistake to look at it as "Lee vs. Ed". I've discussed your book with Ed, as well as several other books occupying the same general space. I don't think your books really have the same target market. Due to the similar titles, the comparisons will be inevitable, but I think that's unfortunate. They really IMO try and hit two different audiences.

I would classify your book as a beginner book. It is, in fact, the first book that I had my girlfriend read when she was learning to play holdem. I have read Ed's book 3 times now and would still recommend she read your book (and sections of Carson's book) prior to reading Ed's.

Ed's book is the book that takes you from "beginner to big winner". Your book stops the bleeding, and without input from other sources should turn a studious loser into a small winner. I think that Ed's book takes the reader past your book into some more advanced concepts that should pick up and turn someone from a small winner, say 1sb/hr in a B&M game, into a 1BB+ winner.

I think that when Ed cites examples that he disagrees with from your book, he is merely trying to explain exactly why some of the advice in your book is fine for a beginner, but not optimal for a more experienced player trying to maximize his earn.

Just a few thoughts from a guy who respects both of you.

Dave