View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Playing with multiple multi-tablers

[ QUOTE ]
When i first decided to play real money on-line, I played on Party and lost my ass. This left me with a "that site is rigged and/or full of bots and/or full of conspiring people" taste in my mouth. However, now that i consider myself above average, i may go there. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody loses money when they first start playing. The only people that don't lose money when they first start playing Internet poker are people that already have experience. If the first time you ever played Hold'em was at Party, then it is not surprising that you lost money. I lost $500 when I first started playing at Party two years ago, but I'm a winning player today.

I would recommend giving Party another shot. Try to make your first foray back during the evening between 7 PM - 1 AM EST. A Friday or Saturday evening would be best. I have a Stars account and I never play there because of the multi-tablers. I know they at least have some idea of how to play. Some of the players on Party have no idea what they are doing.

Also, I would recommend starting with the full-ring (10 player) $25 NL tables with the $0.15 and $0.25 cent blinds. If you just play decent poker there and don't try anything tricky you should be fine. Don't worry too much about bluffing, just play your strong hands aggressively and you will likely get paid off.