View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker Omaha beta out

The Beta version seems to be free and I successfully imported more than the 1000 hands that you canusually import with the "Trial Version" So you don't need to fork out that $55 just yet. ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

Fianlly what should my VPIP be? It is at 40% which seems high but in Omaha the starting hands seem to run together in value so this is not as big a leak as in HE because I am never dominated before the flop. Assuming that I am playing well postflop is this a reasonable #?

I also noticed that my Aggression preflop is almost 0 I play this way given what I have said above. I know I should raise more PF but I only seem to do it when I have a double suited hand with aces, kings or an ace and a king. Should I be raising preflop with 7 8 9 9 suited or other similar hands?