View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: man returns a strangers wallet and is rewarded...would you reward?

to all,

some of your stories remind me of a time when my wallet was returned.

a few years back i was at the movies and was wearing some loose fitting fleece sweats, the pockets were kind of big and of course i wasn't thinking and had my wallet in there and obviously it fell out. now i keep cash on a money clip so there wasn't any money in there, but there was 3 credit cards, drivers license and some other important stuff in there as well.

i got home and i realized that i had lost my wallet and automatically assumed it had fallen out of my pocket at the movies (it was logical), so i went back up there and had the usher take me to where i had been seated and the wallet was gone. the theater did not have it either. i was out of luck. so i went home.

i was about to start canceling credit cards etc. (this was a few hours later) when my doorbell rang. it was a stranger with my wallet. they had drove to my house and returned it to me and said (exact words) "i know how awful it is to lose a wallet and i would have drove to oklahoma to return this (i am in texas)." i thanked her probably a million times and asked for her address to send her a "christmas card" as my way of saying thanks...she thought about it and thought it was strange but agreed.

3 weeks later (around christmas time) i sent their family a honeybaked ham and a christmas card that read: "since you saved me so much trouble i figured i would save you a day of trouble from the kitchen, so here's a ham. thank you for your kindess."