View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 66 in BB

[ QUOTE ]
OK, here's one. I'm playing at Stars and the tables are loosey goosey, as you'll soon see.

I'm in BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

1 limp, 2 limp, 3 limp <font color="red"> raise </font>, <font color="red"> 3 bet from hijack </font>, folded to me.

Now the way utg and utg+1 and utg+2 have been playing, I was about 95% sure, if I called, they were calling. I was just as certain that if the action was capped, they were coming along too.

So I called the 2 sb and lo and behold, so did the limpers. MP2 (original raiser) caps, and hijack calls with the rest of us.

All 6 of us see a flop with 24.5 sb in it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Yummy!! But this is where I'm a little lost.

So being oop holding a monster, I check, intending to CR if it's heads up.

4 checks to the original raiser and he bets, <font color="red"> hijack raises </font> so I smooth call the 2 bets, hoping for some overcalls and possibly a 3 bet from MP2. I get one overcall, and <font color="red"> MP2 makes it 3 </font>, hijack calls, and <font color="red"> I go ahead and cap it </font>, all 3 of them call. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Turn anyone? How about a brick for 20.25 BB?

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to make it:
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG+1 calls all in, MP2 calls,

river is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, MP2 calls and hates me.

I win 24bb pot with boat,
utg+1 has 77 for 2 pair,
and MP2 has AA, another 2 pair

Was my preflop call correct, knowing that this could be a huge multiway pot? I will know on the flop if I'm gonna continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve's analysis above was very good.