View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Preflop Limp-re-raising trouble

The villains in this hand were teh unknown (5) 40/20 guy, in MP1, and the LAGGY BB (53) 58/21/1.82/32 (wsd).

----

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

---------------------------

Here's the thing, I've seen BB make some bad pf decisions. Afterwards he tends to get a wee bit freaky on the flop, putting in an extra bet or raise somewhere he shouldn't, but he isn't the kinda guy that caps to the river with nothing.

The BB in this hand could have an unlimitedly shitty hand, so if the board were A63 I could put him on 63 just as easily as A6, as he's in the BB, right? Perhaps more towards 63 than A6, because he's more likely to raise PF with A6 than 63.

When BB caps the flop, I've decided that I need to improve my hand, somehow. I'm not sure exactly how... I mean, if it were HU and he had T8, then I need to hit an A or a K. If he had A8, then I need a K or a T. If he had AT then I only have K's avaialble to me, or running 8's.

"Hidden Outs" tend to be much more available on the turn than the flop, afaik... anyone who can correct me on this, I would really appreciate it.

If either of these guys have a set, I'm in real trouble here, but I'm not going anywhere just yet, getting 7.25:1.

However, it looks like I'm in the middle of a storm here, with both of these guys having a better hand than I do.

On the turn, I'm pretty convinced that I'm looking at something like set over set, or set vs 2pr, with the BB being on the crappy end of it. It's possible, but really rare, that they both have 2pr. It's possible that one guy's crazy and the other only has 2pr, but again, that's going to be relatively rare, so I'm folding for one bet here: pot: 13.25bb, less rake.