View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 AM

Default AAxx situation I find difficult.

PL $50c/$1 full ring game.
I have $200 and Villain has ~$300 so slightly deep stacks.

I'm in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4 limpers and Villain raises to $7, and it's folded to me.

Villain is good and would know that a reraise by me is 90% to be a well coordinated AAxx or similar hand. He would easily be able to take the pot away from me if I don't hit my A or a flush draw or the board is very scary. He also know that I won't lay down those pretty Aces on a raggy rainbow board.

I seem to be getting plenty of premium hands lately but always in the blinds and I think its one big weakness in my game of not playing well out of the blinds.
If I raise preflop from the SB or BB and catch a little bit of the flop I never know whether to bet, c/r or what. The type and number of opponents usually decides for me.

Back to the hand. I flat call from the SB, one other limper calls. 3 to the flop with a pot of $24

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet pot $24 with $169 behind, limper folds. Villain (who covers) flat calls. If Villain had JJxx or 88xx I think he would raise here 75% of the time, he nearly never slowplays.

Turn ($72) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , Hero...?

Thoughts on each street appreciated.