View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Repopulating the planet, Adam and Eve \"zero\", & incest.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I would imagine you'd want grandpa to get involved as often as possible to maximize his genes. And grandma as well but only with grandpa. I believe I've read you would want about 300 to 500 people to get a good sample of available genes. You'd be much better off if you started with 1 dude and 2 or 3 chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou Doug for your reply.

Firstly regarding 2-3 chicks, I have thought about this, preferably if one of the women was African to create the largest possible gene-divide, but that scenario is too easy IMO.

Secondly, regarding grandpa, which of his "eve" grandchildren does he breed with to provide the largest possible gene-mix up?

This is another question I originally forgot to ask but here goes:

Is there anything Adam and Eve "zero" can do to speed up evolution and "change" their genes slightly so they could breed with one of their own children?

I'm not sure if there is anything in a chemist which would cause a biological change, can anabolic steroids do it, or even corticosteroids? (though probably negative changes with overuse of both, can they change gene makeup so if Adam &amp; Eve "Zero" made their first child "normal", then both used some medicine(s) found in the chemist (or somewhere else) for a few years and then had another child, could the difference between the children's genes be due to something Adam and Eve "zero" had done either by medicine or even "nature" (say in the years between the firstborn and the secondborn a great blizzard or heatwave struck them, could their genes repsond to create a child with more melatonin or more receptive to Vitamin D because of environmental activities - or is this "timeframe" between two children too small for an evolutionary - assisted or not - change?)