View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: PLO/8 Newbie Hand

[ QUOTE ]

The nut flush draw is alot more often out there in PLO8 than in PLO, cause it mostly takes only another 2 or 3 or even only a 4 suited with that Ace to make people play the hand. Going full throttle with a nut low with protection and K-high flush with multiway action is a matter of taste and table composition. I would often think of my K-high flush draw of being non-existant... and I am often right. The hand you posted is really interesting as it was entirely possible that you would chase out worse hands with your raise and would play against someone who could freeroll for high against you. Donīt like that play at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Firstly he isn't freerolling me for high if I have a nut high on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and secondly I do not believe you understand how often the ace high flush draw is in play when you hold a king high flush draw. There are 48 cards apart from yours of which 36 are dealt out. So that's a 75% that the ace got dealt preflop. The chance of that Ace being suited given that you have a suited king in your hand is 55%. So the chance of the suited ace being DEALT to someone is 41%, the chance of it being played reduces this even further. I would say at an absolute maximum its a 33% chance someone has a suited ace high flush when you bet a hand with a suited king high flush draw. Also that player MUST have a 3 to go with his hand to even consider chasing the flush. When we take all this into consideration betting A3 for low plus a king high flush draw in omaha/8 is absolutely correct, before we even factor in your other 2 cards which in this case includes a 4 for a 6 high straight on the flop. Hope that helps you understand the mindset you need for winning.