View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputab

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying we are perfect… we are human beings. However, the fact is we try as hard as possible to do whatever we can to make our customers happy and respond as quick as we can. There is almost never a situation where a post in our forum goes more than a couple hours without a response. That is what I was refuting from this guys post. He said he contacted us 30 times. I don’t really follow what happens on other people’s sites, but I have to imagine that everyone is having the same issues with AP and Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other people here have suggested they regularly get their AP rakeback the first week of the month, rather than the last, for one thing. And there hasn't been a lot of complaining about it being incredibly inaccurate either -- and believe me there would be. I think this is just you guys.

Other affiliates notified their Party rb customers of cancellation by email, ensuring that they all knew it was happening at the time. Months later there are still posts in the PSO forums from people who just now figured it out, and have been playing there for months expecting to be earning rakeback. Thankfully I'm not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are a rakeback customer for several sites with us, you know that we post our UB points ahead of schedule each moth as we used to with our Party Poker rakeback when we had it. We are at the mercy of the AP to post their rakeback b/c it is cash deposited directly to the player’s account. Either way, I agree that isn’t your problem as the customer. Since AP rakeback amounts to about 1.5% of our profits and about 60% of our headaches along with the proverbial black eye the past couple of months, I can promise you that AP rakeback will be our number one topic of conversation when we meet with them next month in Las Vegas! Finally, I do know for a fact that the inaccuracies in their payments are across ALL affiliates since they sent an email out to their affiliates (basically falling on their sword) explaining that they were paying on an average and not actual rake amounts. I can’t speak for the timing of payments with other affiliates.

The Party Poker rakeback is something I have to fall on my own sword for. There is a lot of background on that email, but the fact is it didn’t make it most of our customers. We actually identified that after a couple of weeks, but decided not to send it back out not realizing that it didn’t make it to the majority, not minority of customers. By the time we figured everything out it was too late. However, to through a little something positive in here, we did credit almost 1,000 players with rakeback they had not yet earned at a cost of thousands of dollars to us when the program was eliminated. Meaning that anyone who had not yet earned $90 yet in rake, was brought up to $90 no matter how much they had played till that point.

I know this isn’t something I’m going to “win”, so I will leave it at this: we are not perfect, and with over 50,000 customers it is impossible to make everyone happy. It kind of reminds me of my days of selling on eBay. I had a 100% positive feedback rating until I hit my 1,400th sale and got a negative. It was the worst feeling in the world, but it’s inevitable. The point is, no matter how big we get we still treat everyone with the same enthusiasm as we did when we had 50 customers and I still take it really personally when someone isn’t 100% happy.