View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 PM

Default When to Start Multi-Tabling...?

I've been playing since January, and have since moved through the $5.50s, $11s, and am currently playing the $22s. I almost have enough of a roll to move to the $33s. I've almost exclusively single-tabled these past few months.

My goal at first was to just learn how to play poker, and not worry too much about my bankroll as long as I didn't constantly have to re-load. Since I've been able to move up carefully, while also "slowly" building my bankroll, I've decided to shift into bankroll-building mode.

My question is, should I continue to single-table for a while and attempt to push into ever higher levels, or stay at the $22s (or drop back to the $11s) and start multi-tabling?

Another thought is to alternate sessions: multi-table a lower level one session and single-table the higher level the next.

Any thoughts on this, and comments from your own personal experience would be appreciated.

(BTW - I spent about twenty minutes searching for an older post on this topic with no luck. Since I'm sure it must have been covered multiple times, I can only conclude that I suck using the 2+2 search feature.)