View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Dissapointed with society and myself.

Yes, you guessed right Im a 17 yo teenager who thinks he knows everything about life..anyway some things u probably domt know is Im chilean and from middle-high class who attends to a jesuit school( which is important since that context makes me have a negative attitude towards life).
The thing is that IMO middle-high chilean class is really pathetic..they are materialistic( if that word exists on english). My family is very materialistic, my mom and my two sisters spend way too much money on clothes they dont need, in fact my mom wanted to buy me $65 slippers, I refused them politely..I just thought its stupid to waste $65 on something I dont need.
But Im still kinda materialistic, my weak point ..computers, which disapoints me a lot..why am I unhappy with a crappy PC that has to be shared between 4 persons( I mean real 3 persons who use the pc just as much as I do..not just a simbolic share)?? I mean I should be happy..but Im not. I want a cool PC for myself dammit!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].
I think that the reason I want a PC is because most of my friend have much better PC for themselves, even though their parents earn , more or less, the same mine do( could it be that Im jealous because their parents cared to give them a PC for themselves while mine havent)..anyway I wish I wouldnt question myself and society so much...which also disapoints me since I should be happy that I actually think about things.
Anyway is this a normal thing that ppl who are 17 do? What can I do to stop having a negative view about society, my family and myself? Or we all just suck? Also could it be that I have a right to give myself a luxury of having a decent PC for myself?? Anyway I dont have the balls to share whats going inside of my head with a grownup I know and my friends are just as clueless as I am...but hey there is a reason theres an online psychology forum.