Thread: Money Stolen
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Money Stolen

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover, $20 on the counter is less likely to be seen as an acceptable risk to steal by the hotel employee, whereas a higher percentage of employees would probably feel like a stack of 100s was "worth it".