View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Results

Some good points all around. First of all and maybe this is a read thing, but my general reaction to players like this is that they dont understand pot odds at all, that doesnt mean they dont think about what other players have. So the fact that he's getting laid such a big price on the river doesnt play into him deciding to call with JJ or whatever. Obviously I very very rarely make a play like this. Also, I didn't intend to fire a 3 barrel bluff, rather I thought that each bet I made had a enough likelihood of not getting called to justify it.

Given the range I have him on (very unlikely for a Q) I don't really need to have knowledge that he can make a big laydown. I just need to know that he isnt an unbelievably bad calling station who will call with 99/1010/JJ.

As for shania, the idea that it either only helps you if your called, or that it doesnt help you from the rail is off base. Shania is not about individual hands, or individual opponents, its about how you build your game. If the above were true we should never bluff all-in because the times we are called it does us no good and the times we aren't called it does us no good. That deserves its own thread though. Here though its ok to say that most posters assumed that I would be bluffing some small percentage of the time, this hand just happened to be that small percentage. One last thing. Did I get lucky that he folded this time? Absolutely, but how often does he have to fold a hand that's beating me to make this bluff right on the river?