View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Country with most lenient tax law towards poker income?

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't paid anything to Canada EVER, and I doubt I would suddenly be liable to them if I moved to the UK. If I moved to the UK I would like to be able to get residency. I still don't really know what all I would be responsible for paying , as I don't see how I could get by without paying any income tax whatsoever while living there. If Revenue Canada is capable of coming after people, surely the UK has some way of combating this as well, right? And if not the UK itself, the European whatever courts can I think. Everyone I ask gives me different answers to the same questions as far as tax law goes for ANY country, and this is a PITA . [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a family? Otherwises, I dont understand why you want residency unless you just want to avoid having to leave the country every so often. Perhaps you can apply for a visa for studying or volunteering for a orphanage.

If you do have a family, I have no idea how that works (getting residency as a pro gambler).