View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: lets talk about NOTE TAKING

[ QUOTE ]
for instance "CRed KQo UTG" would be a no brainer as it proves that the guy would check raise a poor hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a dangerous note to leave with no context. By itself, it means nothing to me. Was the CR with two pair? Top pair? Bottom pair? Air? Full table? Loose table? What? That CR might have been an idiot play, it might have been an genius play, but there's no way to tell (unless you only take notes on idiots, which is sort of a waste). You may remember these details now, but if this player pops up at your table months from now, what's that note going to mean to you?

I think good notes have to be able to stand on their own, without you having to remember the context they were recorded in. That's why you take notes, right? So you don't have to remember.

My own notes tend to be more general. I'll write whether a player is tricky, a lunatic, strong or just plain moronic. I augment with hand notes like the one you've got here, so it might be something like "Fish. Overaggressive on flop. CR KQo on 987 rainbow board."