View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management??? 30 buyins?? What are these things?? Gamble!!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want poker to affect me emotionally and it obviously does with the swings I put my self through.

It also seems that when I play in games in my bankroll I get bored and don't play well. However, when my bankroll is on the line im playing A+ poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements are contradictory. You don't want to have emotions regarding your poker play, but you get bored when you reach that state.

The simple answer is that you will have to learn how to play within your bankroll, or you will go broke. I'm sure you think you play your best when you have your roll on the line, but I'm sure you got plenty of luck during that 7K run as well. With an 8K roll, you're well bankrolled for 1/2 NL and could easily play 2/4. That doesn't sound like what you want - it sounds like you want the joy of victory without the agony of defeat. No one here is going to give you a way to defeat the bad side of variance.

The other solution is to add some more to your roll and start playing 10/20 NL with $400 stacks, looking to double up - but that sounds even more boring.