View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:51 AM

Default MGM Grand 1-2: A Crazy Play Saves Me a Bundle

I sat in a MGM Grand 1-2 no-limit game for a couple hours today and was briefly involved in this hand. My opponents' plays are so incomprehensible to me that this hand may be better off as a story rather than strategic fodder.

The MGM Grand 1-2 game has a maximum $200 buy-in.

I'm UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limp for $2 (I've got a ~$400 stack). A loose-clueless player on my immediate left limps as well (she's got a ~$175 stack). It's folded all the way around to the Small Blind. He has a ~$135 stack and raises to a total of $50. That's a $48 raise into a pot that has $8 in it.

The Big Blind folds and I'm left trying to fathom why anybody would raise so much pre-flop. I surrended my cards and $2 and waited for another hand.

The loose-clueless woman called the additonal $48. Two players saw the flop with $104 in the pot.

The flop is: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The Small Blind moved all in for about another $85. The l-c called.

Small Blind flipped over K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The l-c showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A Queen came on the turn to give the l-c hope. But, the river was a blank.