Thread: Torrents
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Torrents

[ QUOTE ]
While I have never seen anyone on this site refer to torrents as a way to obtain our books, some of these sites are giving away such pirated e-books.

We have a lawyer trying to address this problem, however, for the time being all mention of torrents are deleted without comment. If someone asks I tell them the reason, but I don't want to make it public. I don't want to help introduce any people to torrents who don't yet know of them.

If you guys notice any such posts and/ or threads please delete without comment, unless you want to send a pm to the offender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, this seems incredibly absurd to me. The fact that 2p2 literature is available illegally via torrents means we aren't allowed to say the word "torrent" anymore? Are you serious? There are lots of problems or questions that come up about torrents all the time (or would be, rather), but we aren't allowed to address them and help them out because that same technology can be used to pirate 2p2 lit, and for that reason alone??? That is absurd. I am sure 2p2 literature can be obtained illegally via the company Xerox, Kinko's, a digicam, and many other ways too. Are we not allowed to mention those either? Or are torrents special for some reason?

GoT