Thread: Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Etiquette

JNash,

I didn't reply in the AA thread you're talking about, but I've read it now, and I must tell you that your logic there about folding AA is completely, completely, completely wrong. And since it wasn't the first time (apparantly, as you admit), that you are posting hands where you suggested folding AA is corrct (and that's for a poster who has about 50 posts.. how many of your posts are about "folding AA"?) it seems like in some strange way you are looking for reasons or spots, to fold AA, and putting a lot of energy and thinking in this. This is a very weak approach for poker, IMO.

Yes, people here can be very harsh in their replies. I've never had any problem with it. Actually, some harsh criticism in the past made me plug some leaks in my own game. In the folding AA case, I believe that "the harsher the better". It is simply an _awful_ move, to fold AA in that spot. One of the most respected posters, Kurn, said a few times (answering "folding AA" posts) that if you fold AA in such a spots, that better be your last hand of playing poker. That's exacltly what he would have told you if he had replied to that thread.

In other words: I can understand why people are getting a bit emotional about it. You won't get "nice" replies when you suggest making a terrible move, and insisting on giving very very wrong reasons for doing it.