Thread: QQ party 10-20
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: QQ party 10-20

Bet flop as you would with any normal continuation bet you would make. Depending on which player(s) call(s), I think a weak turn lead might induce a laggy bluff raise on the turn, because it looks like you're trying to throw a blocker out there with something like AQ or JJ. If you're raised, I like a stop and go here. Again a weak turn bet may look like a blocking attempt. I think bet-calling the flop and trying for a turn checkraise is a bit too transparent in this scenario; what hand do you call a flop raise with in a multiway pot out of position that he can bluff out with a turn bet?

But seriously guy, no matter what you do, just get some money in the middle. Most important part is to bet the flop, because given your description of those two players (and even just the nature of most 10/20 players) I would expect many pocket pairs to look you up there. Hell they might even raise you w/ position.

As played: either 3-bet turn, or call and lead river for any amount that he will call with his unimproved pocket pair.

(edited to add a bit more thought)