View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: 2-4NL, will i ever establish myself at this limit??

thanks for the replies.

i agree firstly i would like to have a big enough bankroll to not get annoyed by losing a few buyins. its just a case of trying to play as high a limit as i can safely, and accept that it will annoy me at times, but it will never affect my play, which is a big factor when considering how high you play.

to the poster who said he strongly disagreed that winning money is the number 1 reason why we play this game, what is your number 1 reason?
enjoyment? skill?

id play chess if it were based on skill, something with no luck, and id play something a lot more enjoyable than poker - the number of times i spend at a poker table annoyed and irratated i only kid myself that its 'really enjoyable'. i love the game, but that doesnt mean its great to play. being addicted to smokes doesnt mean that persons really enjoys smoking; neccessities and luxieries, poker is more a neccessities than a luxury for me. and no, im not a gambling addict, im just addicted to a card game which in the long run makes me money.
anyways, that why for me winning comes above enjoyment and skill in consideration to poker. the dream of one day playing for monster stakes is not about playing with some great online players, it so i can win a shed load of cash and have a very comfortable life.